11.02.2013 Storage... You can never have enough!

So, I'll preface this post by stating the one simple fact/limitation/whatever-you-want-to-call-it about my apartment that most of you probably don't know.... I have to accommodate living in 398 sq. ft. of space. So basically my "home needs" include (1). Storage, (2). Decor without overcrowding, (3). Coloring that doesn't make my apartment look any smaller than it already is, and (4). Closet space!

Studio living can be challenging, especially for those who are easily claustrophobic, which sort of describes me in a nutshell. Over the past year, I've had to learn to adapt, sacrificing space to not have roommates, etc. But all in all, I couldn't be happier with my choice to live alone and in my own apartment. 


Essentially, there's a few things that I absolutely love...



These boxes are TO DIE FOR. I keep these three parked next to my dresser or sometimes on the top rack of my closet. I use them to store current school work/previous coursework from this year, paid bills, etc. They are super easy to put together, too! (May I just add that I am not the most handy when it comes to things like that, so you should have no problem!) You could even throw these into your closet to store scarves, sweaters during the summer, or whatever else you want!


They come in a few different colors/patterns, I've linked to my favorites below :)


Patterned Boxes: Here and here!

White Boxes: Here!

One of my other storage dilemmas was DVD/blu ray/book storage without adding a super chunky shelving unit to my already tiny space. My mom (my creative inspiration! love that lady to death) and I talked for a minute about how I could store these items without adding something to my apartment. Her genius idea? USE THE WALLS! My apartment has a decent amount of wall space, my TV hanging on a wall completely by itself. So, we bought a few shelves from our favorite store, The Container Store.


If you're an organizing freak like me, this place is for you!




We chose to arrange the shelves around the TV and let me tell you, it provides an immense amount of storage! :) Still working to fill these babies up with a movie collection! Although I can't find the exact item online, they have it in store. But the point, more or less, is take to the walls! Ikea happens to have lots of affordable shelving options here.


Even if you get shelves without sides, look for cute bookends, vases, etc. to help keep your items upright! Take to the walls people!