2.28.2014 2 Notes Finding your zen...

IDK about anyone else but when I get stressed, I immediately seek a de-stressing/calming activity to feel better. One of my favorite ways to do that is to break out my go-to recipe for a detox water, and lemme tell you... it's DELISH.

Combined with a workout and a face mask... I'm in heaven.

This post has it all.... workout fix + hydration fix + beauty fix = ending your week on Sunday in the best way possible before Monday madness strikes the following morning.

Let's start with the agua>> Lemon, Mint, Cucumber Detox Water


I know. It looks amazing, right?! So here's how I prep:

  • 1 lemon
  • 1 cucumber
  • 1 package of fresh mint
  • water of your preference, I use water from my Brita filter
I spread everything out on my counter and slice it all. Mind you, the above is more than enough for a decent sized container, but I tend to make 1 to 2 servings and save the extra for a serving later in the week.

The key to this is the longer you let the ingredients sit in the water, the more the ingredients will fuse into the water. I like when it's ice cold, but that's just a personal preference. I add ice cubes into my mixture, too. 


TADA! The most tasty, thirst-quenching, and purifying mix to help detoxify and cleanse your body, mind, and soul.

Now, combine this recipe with my go-to arm workout found on PopSugar, here. This workout BURNS, in a good way, and only takes 10 minutes. Believe me, that's all you'll need. Check it out!


I have an amazing BFF who donated her yoga mat to me since she hasn't used it (umm... yes it's pink!) and I picked up a few light-weight dumbbells at Target on sale! When I go to purchase my own mat, I've had my eye on these and they come in a wealth of color options. Check out your local Target for a set of dumbbells in your weight preference, like these. The video workout above alternates between 5lbs and albs for different exercises. 

My "de-stress day" inevitably ends with another glass of detox water and a face mask to completely relax me. One of my favorite masks is Formula 10.0.6 Pores Be Pure Skin-Clarifying Mud Mask, which you can pick up at Ulta for $6! This mud mask happens to be infused with strawberries and it smells incredible. My other go-to face masks include Neutrogena's Clear Pore Mask and any of the Lush Cosmetics Fresh Face Masks.

Do you have any stressed out go-to products to help you find your zen? What's your calming routine? If you haven't already, try throwing some of these into your mix! 

PS>> I was introduced to a program and goals by a new friend and I'm excited to say that I'm starting a new journey this weekend with some major diet and health changes and I can't wait to share!

TGIF!

Join the discussion?

  1. I love this water! I add oranges to mine. It tastes so freakin' good! Love the post! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl! Never tried with oranges, but it sounds AMAZING so I'll definitely have to!! I have had it with grapefruit and it's delish :)

      Delete