3.12.2014 0 Notes Sunday Meal Prep

This weekend, I worked a lot on this new journey of mine. After some new found inspiration and some serious mental motivation, I decided to make a change.

A friend provided me with a meal plan and from that, I mapped out a shopping list, made a personal meal plan and schedule to keep myself accountable and purchased my supplies. 

Let me just say, I am not a natural "kitchen goddess" by any means. I was banned from the kitchen and cooking when I lived with my parents, so over the past few years, I've had a lot of Trial and Errors (more so errors) in the kitchen. Let me just say that this is also still the brunt of the family jokes at my expense...




During my shopping trip on Saturday night, I picked up a mini crockpot, fresh produce, chicken, lean ground turkey, talapia and salmon, and my first actual case of protein powder. Although some of these items were very foreign to me, I didn't let that freak me out... Yet ;) 

Sunday consisted of meal prepping, laundry, and cleaning house. My new plan consists of 6 meals a day, spaced 2.5 hours apart. At work, I am ALWAYS hungry, and that's led me to eat whatever happens to be easily accessible at the moment. That is SO bad/awful/disgusting/gross/fill-in-the-blank. :/

So being prepared for the inevitable hunger will help me avoid the crap. Today was the first morning of my new plan, and I lugged a reusable tote to work filled with tupperware portions of what I was supposed to eat and snack on during the day. I've also set up reminders in my iCal to alert me when it's time to eat and I've scheduled my work outs into my calendar so that "I don't have enough time" can no longer be an excuse. 

My daily meal breakdown consists of:

  • 1 gallon of water
  • 6 servings of protein
  • 4 servings of carbs
  • 3 servings of veggies
  • and 1 serving of fruit
There's also a list of approved small snacks that are acceptable as well (i.e. a small serving of almonds, a protein shake, greek yogurt, etc.). 

Sunday, I prepped my chicken and turkey so that I could literally toss it in a tupperware and go. Like I said, I am ALL but crafty in the kitchen. So I found the simplest recipe for crockpot chicken I could find:
  • Mini crockpot
  • 1 pkg of boneless, skinless chicken breasts
  • 1/2 cup of water
  • Pepper
  • Lemon Pepper
  • 5 hours
Directions? Toss all that in the crockpot for 4 1/2 - 5 hours on the low heat setting and flip them over once about halfway through the cook time. Once it's done, pull them out, toss them on a cutting board, and shred it with two forks.

Greatest thing about this recipe: How could you mess it up? HAHAHA funny story... Let's just say it took me two attempts to get it right... but that's just me, I'm sure of it.

Another grab-and-go item I added to my Sunday prep was Egg White and Spinach Egg Muffins. This recipe I didn't mess up, thank the lord. Two Peas & Their Pod has an amazing recipe (and photo cred since mine did not look this great...) Check out their recipe and let me know what you think! These are GREAT for when you're on the go!

I'll check in later this week and let you know how everything is going! Wish me luck!


Post a Comment