4.26.2014 0 Notes Saturday Adventures



One of my favorite places in all of San Diego is the Torrey Pines State Reserve. During the summer, you can catch me there almost every weekend. What's awesome about it? You can get your hike on and spend some time at the beach and the views are SPECTACULAR!



For those of you who haven't been, make this a go-to destination while visiting sunny SD. It's about a 20-minute drive from downtown and just north of La Jolla. During my latest trip up to TP, a friend and I turned on Nike+ and decided that this would be the day's cardio. At TP, you can park all along the beach until the hill, but there's always cars trolling for spaces. It's easier to go North past all the parking, make a right-hand turn onto Carmel Valley Road and park on the street near the first light.

We hiked just over 5 miles, including walking to and from the car. Most of the TP trail is up hill, and there are different side trails and loops you can go off to for awesome views of the beach and ocean and then continue on up the main trail. Bring sunscreen! We both got a little toasted while on the trail. 

Mind you, when the weather is great, there can be A LOT of people. So it's best to go in the early morning or late afternoon. I've never done sunset on the trail before, but I'm betting it's incredible. Guess I just figured out what I'm doing next weekend! 

Wanted to share some awesome views from some of my favorite places on the trail!

Our mornings always start with some Starbucks Oatmeal and a Skinny Vanilla Soy Latte.









We ended our day by hitting Beaming Organic Juice Bar and Urban Pi for a late lunch in Del Mar! Both were AMAZING!

Wishing everyone a fab weekend!
 photo c0d53f26-ab23-4256-870b-c5f6948d3ef7_zpsed0e0763.png


Post a Comment