10.09.2015 0 Notes Friday Five: 5 Things To Do In North County


This year I've spent a lot more time exploring and getting out of my comfort zone that for so long had only consisted of Mission Valley and Extraordinary Desserts on the outskirts of Downtown.

Let's just say I've had a lot of fun just driving Highway 101 and getting lost on the weekends instead of studying. So far, here are my 5 favorite things to do in North County.

+Enjoy a coffee and the atmosphere at Better Buzz Encinitas. Okay, I'll admit, I've totally been studying and catching up at work here. I LOVE this location and even though it's a drive from where I live, it's too good to pass up. It's always busy but I love the open air feel it has to connect you with the beachy town that it calls home.

+Kayak. This was a recent adventure the PIC and I had the other weekend. We booked through La Jolla Kayak and had a blast. I recommend going for an early morning tour to avoid the crowds (we were only with our guide and 2 other couples!) and the heat as San Diego just hasn't got the memo that it's officially Fall now. We kayaked over the La Jolla Ecological Reserve and kelp forest and over to the caves near La Jolla Cove. Once the morning clouds burned off, you could see right into the water. There were seals and sea lions swimming around next to us and under our kayaks, schools of bright blue sardines and bright orange fish all around. Although I'm not the snorkeling type, La Jolla Kayak also offered an option to kayak and snorkel and had a $13 brunch add on, and man, that brunch was to die for. 

+Get lost driving up the 101. This in itself is always fun. No matter how many times I make this drive, I always see something new for the first time. There is so much to see and so many beach towns to explore!

+VG Donuts. I recently discovered this awesome shop on Instagram and it did not disappoint. They have a Sweet Potato Cinnamon seasonal donut right now that is impeccable and offer other baked goods as well. Let's just say we got a lot more than expected when we visited. We left with donuts, cinnamon rolls, 2 chocolate milks, and more for $10. 

+Seek out all the random street art. So many times, I have been caught off guard by the colorful murals on the sides of liquor stores and shops, mosaics set into the sidewalks of Encinitas, punny restaurants and overall picturesque downtown drives. I love hunting these spots down, it's sort of like a treasure hunt for me!

What are your favorite places to see and things to do in San Diego county? Wishing you a weekend full of exploration!

Bloglovin | Instagram | Twitter | Pinterest | Facebook

Post a Comment