10.05.2015 0 Notes too pretty to act ugly

via The Light Blonde

Last week, I saw something on social media that really hit home with me. It was a courageous test of faith. A random act of kindness from one beautiful individual in an attempt (and a successful attempt at that) to communicate to women that we are all in this together. There's no place in this world for mean girls and ugly behavior. As women, we should cultivate meaningful and empowering relationships together in a supportive community, uplifting one another, not tearing each other down.

If you are at all familiar with Ali of The Light Blonde, you probably already know what I'm talking about. This beautiful person inside and out has launched the Too Pretty To Act Ugly campaign. 

Her message is powerful. At some point in your life, I'm sure you have been a victim of a mean girl, or even been a mean girl yourself. I'll be the first to admit that I know I have been both at some point in my life. It's on all of us to make a difference in how we treat each other. Negativity and pain takes more energy than being positive and nice to another individual. Why expend the effort to hurt others? 

It doesn't make any sense. As women, we shouldn't strive to tear each other down, we should support and nurture and lift each other up.

I am proud to join Ali and her movement by sharing the #TooPrettyToActUgly message with others. 

Watch and share the campaign video here.

 photo ScreenShot2014-07-27at21452AM_zps5c764a51.jpg
Bloglovin | Instagram | Twitter | Pinterest | Facebook

Post a Comment