8.22.2016 0 Notes Portland, OR


While on assignment in Eugene, I decided I wanted to take a daytrip north to Portland to check out the downtown area and then head Northeast to some spots along the Colombia River Gorge. Portland is just a two-hour drive from Eugene and if you’ve never been, it’s beautiful.














EATS

Sizzle Pie – Yes, there’s one here too.

I recommend: Check out my recommendations here.

Voodoo Doughnuts – Yes, there is always a line, they are open 24 hours, and just checking out the interior of this location is worth it.  CASH ONLY!

I recommend: Any! You honestly can’t go wrong.

Petunia’s – For gluten-free and vegans, and everyone in between, Petunia’s Bakery and CafĂ© has something for everyone. From tarts to cakes to ice cream you can’t go wrong with a visit here. It’s adorable and full to the brim with anything you may want to get your sweet tooth fix while feeling a little less guilty about it.

I recommend:  Whatever your heart desires. Seriously. So many options plus a Petunia's X Salt and Straw Ice Cream collab that's to die for. 


EXPLORE

Portland is awesome. I mean seriously awesome. One of the coolest parts about it was the massive number of bridges back and forth across the river, the food truck square near Voodoo with literally every food you can think of, and just the entire downtown area. It has this grungy, relaxed vibe that’s tough to come by yet it exudes a uniqueness throughout the city. There’s a little something for everyone.

In addition to the downtown area, I really enjoyed the Alberta Arts District. Full of quaint coffee shops and restaurants and overflowing with street art and unique store fronts, there is a ton to see and eat in this area. I definitely would plan a stop here (on the East Side of Portland but in between downtown and the airport).

While in the Portland area, I also spent a good amount of time in the Colombia River Gorge, but that will be for another conversation.

I hope you have a blast exploring the PNW!

Post a Comment